Monday, June 15, 2009

How I got here...


I am the first-born of my mother and father, the beginning of their strength, the eldest to bear the responsibility and definitely a product of a broken family.

My father left mom, me and my two siblings almost two decades ago. I do not even remember the details of my biological father’s countenance.

Journeying on earth without a father is one of the biggest challenges to overcome. It contributed a lot to my person, who I am now, what I am now, and the manner I approach every details of eventualities.

I am a fighter, a soldier, yes; I am a soldier in diverse ways and I am a survivor. My father’s absence made me strong; it contributed much to my emotional toughness, and my ability to make definite decisions.

As I tread my path, I almost stumble into life but God is great, and He did not allow me to walk astray.

The portrait of my life depicts a colorful masterpiece. It is painted with wonderful yet painful, trouble-free yet troublesome, and pleasant yet gruesome memories. Imagine a four-year-old girl wanting death? Very early isn’t it? Mother left the three of us to my aunt so she could work but my aunt who is supposed to rear us with love did the opposite; she always hurts us, beats us in almost all parts of our weak body. She even caged us in a day; my brother even experienced the suffering and discomforts of the ants’ sting with hands hog-tied. I told this once to my mom but she said that we must add patience and endure all the pain, though I know deep down her heart she is dying to hear us cry.

That is how I have mastered mixed emotions, through patience and love for my mother.

It taught me endurance in some way, but the other side of me is in rage, I even thought of avenging our fate someday when we grow up. But years passed by, then I realized that God’s mercy is insurmountable, He changed me gradually, He changed my point of views, my perspective in life, and my faith. My faith in God helps me through it all. God is the most magnificent and powerful being I have known.

With God, there are many possibilities in life, even if the world is offering many challenges, troubles, burdens, afflictions, but having God in life, I can conquer it all.

0 comments:

side line

Crocheted cell phone bags, ladies' bags, laptop cover are available. Contact me at 09062705017 for details and price.

Blog Archive

Followers

  © Plumangbughaw Lay's and Rome 18July2003

Back to TOP